Ethics & artificial intelligence in higher education
It was an inter-order collaboration between the Collège de Rosemont and the University of Montreal.
- The project has made it possible to develop a toolkit on the ethics of AI and DDM for all Quebec establishments (secondary schools and CEGEPs), French-speaking and English-speaking. In total, more than 200 Quebec establishments received the paper version of the kit: https://poleia.quebec/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Guide_IA_VF.pdf
- The project has enabled more than 400 people (students, teaching and pedagogical staff) to deliberate on the ethical issues of AI by mobilizing the DDM.
- The project has made it possible to organize important awareness-raising events on the ethics of AI and the deliberative approach of the DDM: conferences, webinars, workshops.
- We also had the chance to present our work at conferences similar to that of ACFAS and AQPC. We have also developed a series of podcasts for teachers: https://poleia.quebec/balados-utopia/
- Finally, we trained around thirty teachers at the college level (Collège de Rosemont, Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Cégep André Laurendeau) in deliberative practice on the ethical issues of AI based on the DDM approach. .
It was therefore a great success with significant spin-offs throughout Quebec.